Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fun as a Volunteer

I had more darn fun today, not only did I do a good deed, I got to make food for a mass of people and found out that my efforts were appreciated. 

A friend of mine asked for my help this week, well, actually she asked me and another friend if we could give her a hand.   She had to do the weekly lunch at the local Senior's Center and was running short of volunteers so she asked Cari and I if we'd like to give her a hand.     I had a blast today, it was a lot of hard work, but well worth it.   We fed over 130 people and they appreciated the food. 
Gaye had started the food prep at 5 am, however Cari and I didn't get there til 9 am.   Gaye did have a couple of ladies who were there at 7 am and were already working hard by the time I got there.   However, there was still a lot of work to be done, and we did it. 

We had everything, from soup to salad, meatball subs, chicken parmigiana, garlic bread, squash casserole, green beans, deviled eggs, and of course dessert.   Take a look at the pictures:    
Soup
Salad, ready to go in the fridge til serving time.
Meatballs ready to go in the sauce for Meatball Subs.

Meatballs and sauce.

Meatball subs ready to go in the oven ready to be reheated.
Chicken strips ready for the oven. 

Pasta for the Chicken Parmigiana
Chicken Parmigiana ready for the oven.
 
Can't forget dessert.

This wasn't a one time thing, I'm going back.   I had a great time, it made me feel good, and best yet, it was appreciated.   


For more recipes please check out   http://sidsseapalmcooking.blogspot.com/   

All about food. *giggle*


No comments:

Post a Comment