Saturday, September 17, 2011

Flutterby's

Note to self, when getting excited about taking pictures of Butterflies and in bare feet, make sure you don't step on a fire ant mound.   Believe you me, it makes for a rude surprise.   Luckily I only got a couple of bites, but I had to stick around and brave the next insect scourge, the mosquito's.   And here are a few of the reasons why.





It's Monarch migration season here and they've been visiting our yard a lot, plus a lot of other yards as well.







And as I was out taking pictures of the latest visitors to the yard, the following beauty flew in and decided to stay for a few minutes.   Luckily for me, I already had the camera out and ready.



I posted this on Wunderground last week and got an Approvers Choice mention.




The sheer beauty of butterflies continually amazes me, and sometimes I'm lucky enough to be in the right spot at the right time and catch them just after they've shed their cocoon.
Or I just find a whole bunch just after they've hatched. 


The delicateness and incredible strength of butterflies is mind boggling.   And I hope to catch more of these winged visitors in the future.    In the meantime, take a look at these and marvel along with me, at their beauty and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment