Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Morning walk...

I went for a walk this morning, I keep meaning to go most mornings, but for some reason by the time I get around to it, it's usually too hot outside to walk, but this morning I made it out the door.  And it was a lovely cool 78 degrees.

I had my camera with me, (I'm starting to think about having it surgically attached, but can't figure out how to change the batteries).

I saw mushrooms, and even though they tried to hide from me, I took their picture anyway.   Why mushrooms fascinate me, I have no idea, but they do.
 







And then there was the pretty flowering bush, I do love a yellow flower.  

And the critters, well, luckily for me the snake whooshed out of sight and all I saw was his tail disappearing into the brush.  And no it wasn't an anole, or lizard or skink.   It was a snake.   I like lizards, anoles and skinks, but snakes, not so much.   And the only reason I even noticed the snake tail, well, here it is, a butterfly.

 Just lit down for a moment and as I took a step forward, it lifted off again.   Poor little thing looked a little the worse for wear.  

As did these leaves,

you can see the insect tracks on the leaves which gives a pretty lacy effect, but I'm sure it's not much fun for the plant.

I love trying to see outside the ordinary, seeing and recording some of the everyday stuff, that we tend to overlook.
Next time I go for a walk, I'll see what else is new...   

No comments:

Post a Comment