Friday, August 16, 2013

The rest of the Desert Flowers

You could see some of the blooming desert along the roadways, the flowers muting into the background foliage. 



 There were yellow ones...

 This was taken at the Visitor Center at one of the parks...
 Even a cactus that was a yellow caught my eye.   Of course I kinda wonder about that sprinkler head beside it.  


 I know it's a weed, but the flower is so bright and cheerful...
 Even the lichen in the rocks was a brilliant yellow.  

 and purple flowers.   I think these belong to the Statice family.  But I could be wrong.   And I misplaced my cheat sheet with all the flower names on it. 




 and even a pink one. 

  white ones...

 I believe these are Datura, which are poisonous, but safely viewed through a camera lens...

 Mounds of white flowers, and I have no idea what they are, but they were gorgeous.
 Also spotted this one blooming at Zions' park.  
as well as the orange, blue and shocking pink cactus flowers I told you about before.   

No comments:

Post a Comment