Friday, July 7, 2023

Saying goodbye

I had to say goodbye to a piece of property that we'd owned for many years last year.

We bought it to build a house on, but decided a few years later that we really didn't want to build, but just enjoy it.  

It was on the beach and for a long time we lived there in a motor home, and then in a 5th wheel trailer.  

I walked the beach many mornings, accompanied by my late husband and our two dogs.  They loved playing on the beach, swimming in the water, chasing balls.   It was an idyllic time for all of us.  

And even after we bought a real house, and lived there, we'd go to the beach and stay overnight and it always felt like an adventure.  I'd wake up several times during the night to look out the window by my bed, to see if I could catch the first light that showed me dawn was on the way.  Just like a kid at Christmas, I couldn't wait for dawn, and then I'd be outside, with my camera trying to capture the first tip of the sun as it rose.  Some mornings were so magical, and I was lucky enough to catch them with my camera.   This particular day, not only was the sky pink, but the sea and everything surrounding me was this glorious color. 

Pink Sunrise


The hours and hours of play, throwing the ball in the water for the dogs, (both of whom are now across the Rainbow bridge)  and them retrieving it. 
Mauli and Chimi
A lucky capture.
Chimi
Chimi got to the ball first, but usually dropped it on the way in, and Mauli would bring it the rest of the way.
Mauli and Chimi
Chimi first into the water, with Mauli following close behind.
Mauli and Chimi
Anticipation...
Mauli and Chimi


So many good memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment