Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rambling

It's just gorgeous out today and I've been outside enjoying the sun and the slight cool breeze.    Took a walk down the beach with the dogs, and they had a blast.   There were herons out there, enjoying the low tide and looking for a meal.

I'm glad for the nice weather today, the past few days have been cool, and while I've enjoyed it, I like being able to put my shorts back on and soak up the sun.
The bananas are going great, we now have three babies, which is exciting.

Orinoco Banana

Steve's Three Story Plantain
Maybe next year we'll actually have bananas as well and some Plantains as well.    The Meyers Lemon Tree is doing very well also.   It has four nice sized lemons on it, and they are starting to turn color, so hopefully, it won't be too long before I can pick them. 


I guess you can take the girl off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the girl, cause I had to plant stuff this year.   Even if most of it was grown in pots, I had to have my veggies.   I had a nice bunch of tomatoes, some Green peppers, Anaheim peppers, Jalapeno peppers, as well as Parsley, Basil and Chives.   The basil took off and I had so many plants I was giving them away, but it was nice to be able to go out and pick what I needed.    The chives have done so well, I don't think I've ever had such success.   All in all a very satisfying season. 


For more recipes please check out    Sid's Sea Palm Cooking

All about food. *giggle*
 
All images are the sole property of Sid's Sea Palm Cooking and Sea Palm Treasures © 2010-2017, with all rights reserved thereof. They may not be used without the express permission of either Sea Palm Treasures or Sid's Sea Palm Cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment